Thursday, November 19, 2009

One Half of a Year Old-6 Month Check Up

Kynlie Claire
6 Months Old
November 1st, 2009


Wow I cannot believe it has been one half of a year since we brought this sweet little baby girl home with us. She has been such a blessing to our family. She is growing so much everyday and learning new things along the way! I cannot believe all the things she is doing.....time really does fly when your having fun!!

  • She weighs 17lbs. and 12oz. and is 27 inches long.
  • She wears a size 3 diaper.
  • She wears mostly 6 months clothes but can still wear a few 3-6 months outfits. She wears a 6-9 month sleeper.
  • She rolls both ways and holds her head up very well.
  • She sits up well on her own and will play with her toys while sitting there. I don't think it will be much longer and we will have a crawler on our hands. She will pull her legs up in under her but can't get anywhere but I don't think it will be much longer!!
  • She still loves to pull everyone's hair ( I think she likes mine the most because she is always pulling it out)....HA!
  • She loves to play in her jumperoo along with her exersaucer. She is so funny in her jumperoo she bounces and bounces and if you act like you are bouncing too she will get so tickled and just laugh and laugh. She will just stop and stand straight up in the thing....it is so funny.
  • She will stand pretty well on your lap and bears weight on her legs very well. I think her jumperoo is making her legs alot stronger.
  • She still loves to play with her toys spread out all over a blanket.
  • She still loves bath time and kicks and kicks in the water.
  • I think her all time favorite thing to do is look at herself in the mirror. She loves to do this. She gets so tickled and will squeal and squeal.....I play with her in the mirror all the time especailly before bath time and it just excites her so much. If she is having a meltdown (which is very rare) I will just show her herself in the mirror and she is fine.
  • She is still eating very well. She takes about 7-9 ounces of milk every 2-4 hours and eats her baby food very well. She still likes her pears and applesauce pretty good and she loves sweet potatoes. She is not much of a fan of the sweet peas or green beans. Brandon bought her some prunes and has been dying to give her them for awhile now.....I finally broke down last night and gave them to her. Let me tell you she absolutely LOVED them. I think they may be her favorite so far.....and let me tell you she really loves her sweet potatoes so you can image her with the prunes..... I put just a few of the prunes in her bowl and she ate them all up with no mess on her bib or anything so we got her the rest and she ate every last drop of them. Every time I would turn around to give her a bite her mouth was already open and waiting......it was so very very cute.
  • She is a pretty good sleeper she sleeps anywhere from 9pm to 6am or sometimes 10pm to 6am it just depends. She gets up at 6am even on the weekends because she is used to it during the week. That is not much fun on my part though.....but it is fine I will get up anytime for that sweet baby girl. She never wakes up crying she always wakes up with a smile on her face no matter how long or short of a nap she has had.
  • She is absolutely the happiest baby ever!!!
  • She says dada all the time. I have never heard her say mama but Brandon's mom says she has heard it. I walked out of the room the other day and I could have swore she said mama but I am not sure. She usually just says dada dada dada dada and I don't think she is just rambling all the time because sometimes she will not even say it until Brandon walks in the room and then it is dada dada dada.......It really is cute.
  • She has 2 teeth.......She got her first one on her 6 month mark which was November 1st, 2009 and then on November 11th, 2009 she had another one breaking the skin. Her first one is getting pretty big and she will bite you if you give her the chance. The second one is coming in pretty good too. This had made her a little fussy at times but not really bad at all.
Again.....I cannot believe it has been a half of a year since we welcomed this sweet baby girl into the world. She is a pure blessing to us everyday!! The last 6 months has been the best 6 months of our lives. We can't wait to see her reach more milestones and discover new things. Babies truly are a blessing from God and we are so thankful he chose to bless us with her!!!! We love you sweet baby girl and can't wait to watch you grow even more. You bring so much joy to us everyday!!


No comments: